Monday, July 20, 2009

The Flower Exchange-DIY Flowers


I meant to write this immediately after Mike and Megan's wedding, but forgot. I had written a while back about DIY flowers. I had never done the flowers for a wedding entirely from an online order before, but since we were in North Carolina, it seemed like the easiest and cheapest option. We ordered from The Flower Exchange and I felt comfortable because they had pretty good reviews and I have a relationship with wholesalers in New York and knew I could get a last minute overnight shipment from them.

But there were no worries! The flowers came in better than I had expected. The only issue was the the ornithogalum didn't open before the wedding, but since we had so many other elements, it didn't matter. Plus it was nice to have them (and all the other flowers) throughout the entire week at the beach house.

They had a great selection and a pretty good price, and I would definitely recommend them. I'm debating if next time I should try a new place, or just stick with these guys. Just please remember to order in advance, allowing enough time for the flowers to take up water and fully open before the wedding. These were delivered first thing Friday morning for the evening ceremony on Sunday. Some flowers though, might need up to a week, so make sure you research what you're using before you try this option.

No comments:

Post a Comment